CEU Education Available
INTERESTED IN HAVING CLASSES AT YOUR LOCATION?
DON'T DELAY! CALL TODAY
Family Eldercare is authorized by the Board of Social Work Examiners in Maryland to sponsor social work continuing education programs and maintains full responsibility for our programs.
We are now offering the following Category 1 CEU course for Social Workers and healthcare professionals, approved by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners.
Alzheimer’s Disease Overview – Category I - 2.0 CEU's
- Describe the difference between Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Discuss the diagnostic considerations for Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Identify the symptoms and stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
Caring for the Caregiver - Category I- 2.0 CEU's
- Communicating effectively
- Setting realistic expectations
- 10 quick tip to effective communication
Communication Techniques - Category I - 2.0 CEU's
- Define Caregivers
- Caregiver Characteristics
- Prepare yourself to be a Caregiver
- Signs of Caregiver Stress
Coping with Losses in the Midst of the Caregiving Journey - Category 1 - 2.0 CEU's
This course compares Kubler Ross’ 5 Stages of Grief to the losses experienced as your family member progresses through Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Recognizing the stages of grief
- Addressing your emotions
impacting grief experience
Responding to Expressions of Dementia (Behavior) - Category 1 - 2.0 CEU's
Managing behaviors may require modifying your approach. It’s important to understand that the person is not trying to be difficult and the behavior can be a form of communication. Learn new techniques to address challenging behaviors.
- Identifying challenging behaviors
- Tracking behaviors
- Causes of Behaviors
- Tips on how to modify behaviors